Socks are so inconspicuous in everyone's life, but they are indispensable. How much do you know about the service life of socks and the reuses of old socks? Today I will share a little knowledge about socks.
How long is the life of the socks
Under normal circumstances, WHO experts recommend that a pair of socks should not be worn continuously for more than 3 days. If conditions permit, it is recommended that you change it every day to keep your feet dry, which not only can effectively avoid foot diseases, but also help extend the life of the socks.
The lifespan of a pair of socks is about 3 months. Socks that are more than 3 months old, even if they are not broken, it is recommended that you do not wear them again. Some bacteria will grow on the socks that are worn for a long time, and there is no way to completely remove them by ordinary washing. And the bottom of the socks will become thinner as the wearing time increases, so that it will not be able to protect our heels well.
Uses of old cotton socks
What's the use of dead old socks? Most people may ignore them and just throw old socks in the trash can. However, if they are cleaned, many practical problems in life can be solved. Here are some magical methods of old socks.
- Shoeshine. Put your hands directly in the old cotton socks to easily wipe the shoes;
- Put a few pairs of broken socks into a ball and stuff them in the shoes to prevent long-term deformation;
- Use your hands to scrub light bulbs and other uneven utensils, which is convenient and easy to use;
- Put the cut old socks on the knees and elbows of the child to prevent the child from scratching the skin during the fall;
- Putting the old cotton socks on the broom can clean the hair and dander on the ground very well, and it is not easy to get dust;
- Pack mothballs with old cotton socks and put them in the closet to prevent insects;
- Cut the old socks and sew them together to make a mop, which is light, clean, and easy to wash and dry.